Are you the kind of restless soul that works at their absolute best when things happen all the time? Are you intimidated by the thought of sitting in an office chair all day? And, are you the kind of person that wants to make an impact on the world - getting your hands a little dirty to make your city a lot cleaner? Then Velove needs you!
At Velove we offer smarter urban last-mile delivery solutions: Flexible, fast, and climate-smart.
We are looking for our first hub & fleet manager in [city] so we can start providing green delivery services in your city.
About the service
The market for home deliveries is growing rapidly and, at the same time, undergoing a critical transformation. People expect more when getting things delivered - they want it fast, on-time, and without costing the environment. It’s a lot to ask, and traditional delivery services within the last mile are struggling to keep up. Velove, however, has risen to the challenge.
Velove offers energy-efficient deliveries by Velove’s own award winning e-cargo bike. Delivering from super efficient inner-city micro-hubs, and a highly-tuned rider-base, Velove is able to beat the traditional “man with a van”, and do it without harming the environment and with the customer in mind. Times have changed. Welcome onboard!
Over the past year, growth in the Nordics has been like a (biofuel) rocket! But now it's time to expand to cities further afield. Next stop, Amsterdam!
About the role
The hub & fleet role is at the centre of the operations. It is your responsibility to keep the wheels turning, and make sure each hub and each bike is running at full capacity. At the end of the day, all packages must be delivered and it's your responsibility to make it happen!
As hub and fleet Amsterdam you can expect to:
- be a part of a start-up on their development journey
- shape our development in your city, and really make an impact on what we do.
- contribute to a climate-smart alternative for distribution of packages, which will be of great benefit to society and the environment,
- be part of a company that is characterized by helping each other, caring for each other and being committed to the customer's best interests.
- Grow as a manager, leader, and operations specialist,
- Make a difference!
As Hub and Fleet manager, you are responsible for the daily operation of our business connected to the hub and our bikes. You have contact with the customers' operations managers and ensure that the flow of deliveries to and from the hub work as it should. As we deliver when our customers are at home and not at work, work time is flexible across the day.
As a Hub and Fleet Manager, you are responsible for ensuring that our bikes and gear works, and that materials and equipment are available and working properly for our riders.
Your duties include:
- Ensuring that bicycles and other equipment are maintained and going full speed!
- Preparing the hubs and ensuring that all technical conditions are in place for riders to get to work quickly and easily.
- Coordinating growth with customers
- Implementing changes across your city so we can become better at what we do,
- Working with continuous improvement to improve processes and routines to make your hubs the gold standard at Velove
- Making sure the wheels keep turning, keeping in close contact with the riderbase, Community Managers, Partners and customers, and through collaboration with your closest colleagues across the organisation.
This position suits those who thrive best in a fast environment and wants to be a big part of driving Velove to success in its ambitious expansion plans. Those who have a technical interest and a love for bikes (both with 2 wheels and 4!) will fit right in at Velove. It also suits those who share Velove's vision to greatly reduce carbon dioxide emissions, and ultimately make cities more sustainable and more liveable!
We are looking for someone who:
- Has some kind of technical background (university, high school education, work experience or similar)
- Is always looking to make things faster, better, and more efficient
- Has an interest in technology and is good with their hands
- Has experience in a high-tempo start-up environment
- is self-governing, and able to solve problems as they arise
- has experience leading a team
- Is comfortable working in English
- Has an interest in the environment and making cities more liveable; and,
- A love for bikes and pedal power!
Start: Immediately or by appointment
Scope: Full time. Working hours are weekdays, but evening and weekend jobs can occur.
The recruitment process consists of a number of interviews and a test. The process is handled by Velove. Any questions regarding the position, contact email@example.com
At Velove we are trying to change the world, and that takes a lot of work! But we hope to get back to every applicant within 2 week of applying. Thanks for being patient.
We review the selection on an ongoing basis and the ad can be shut down before the position is filled if we have moved on to the selection and interview phase.
Read more on Velove's website (https://www.velove.se/)